Sunday, March 25, 2012

5 Months Old & Happy Feet



4 months old - 2/18/12
5 months old - 3/18/12
Mia is the happiest baby.  She turned 5 months old on March 18.  We just love watching her grow, but don't blink or you'll miss something - this girl is growing fast!  I stood on the scale with her and I think she weighs about 16 pounds.  She is rapidly growing out of her 3-6 month clothes.  She sleeps really well at night in our bed.  She usually takes a morning and an afternoon nap in her crib or pack-n-play.  She sleeps for about 2 hours in the morning (sometimes more - once it was 5 hours!!) and a little shorter nap in the afternoon.  She has slept in her crib at night, but woke up before I fell asleep so I just took her to bed with me.  I just sleep better knowing she's okay.  One night when I was out with a friend, John rocked her to sleep in her carseat and she slept in there from 10PM-7AM.  Of course, the car seat was right next to our bed. 

Lil' Blues Fan - 3/2/12
They LOVE to play together! 3/8/12



She takes three 4-oz bottles when I'm at work all day.  We haven't given her anything other than breastmilk yet, but she will try to bring our water glasses to her mouth and watches us eat with interest.  She has been able to roll over for a while, but has started to do it with more frequency over the last month.  We've been putting her in her crib on her stomach, which is why I think she's sleeping better on her own.  She sits up really well with support and loves being propped up where she can watch Michael play.  I've started putting her in the high chair when I'm cleaning the kitchen so she has a better view of what's going on.  She loves to "talk" and "sing," (as you can hear in the video above) and doesn't really cry much at all.  She'll cry if she's hungry, tired, or needs a new diaper, but that's about it.  If all of those needs have been met, she usually just wants to be near the action or watch Michael.
3/10/12
Buddies! 3/20/12
Michael's first day at Marian Hope Center 2/28/12
 Michael is doing so well too.  He continues to crack us up.  Today when we came home from church, totally out of the blue he says, "And you can buy me some overalls."  What?!?  John and I just looked at each other and laughed.  He recognizes buildings we've been to like the doctor's office and even our old apartment that he showed him.  He has memorized his birthday, street, phone number, and even Grandma and Grandpa Sonderman's street.  I am a little ashamed to admit that he legitimately beat me in a game of Memory.  He started a class at the Marian Hope Center (where I work) on February 28.  He just goes on Tuesdays from 1-4.  The class is a language enrichment class and Michael is a peer model, but he's learning a lot.  There are four other kids in his class.  He LOVES it and asks to go back throughout the week. 

This past week, 38 the Spot came out to MHC to film a PSA for our upcoming fundraiser, Spring Into Hope. John and I got a kick out of seeing Michael in it.  (Quick plug - this is an awesome event for an awesome cause.  Please come!!)

We signed him up for his first season of soccer in the Happy Feet League.  He is on the Green Gators with his cousins, Noah & Evan.  They play every Saturday at 3PM.  Yesterday was supposed to be their first game, but it was cancelled because the fields are so wet.  He's excited to play.  John & I are excited too, but I can't help but feel a little sad about him growing up.
Snow Day! 2/13/12
Mia's first time out in the snow - 2/13/12

St. Valentine's Day morning - Michael wakes up as well as I do ;)

First trip to the park in 2012 - 3/1

Mia loves watching her brother during bath time.  Check out those rolls! 3/1/12
"Mom, I wanna make a funny face!" 3/1/12
Daddy's big girl - 3/2/12
Mia & Aunt Ruthie - 3/3/12
With our Godsons, Evan (L) and Noah (R) at their 3rd birthday party - 3/3/12
Mia sleeping on Aunt Pat at Aunt Sarah's baby shower - 3/17/12
Nini & Mia at Aunt Sarah's baby shower - 3/17/12
Uncle Mark & Mia - 3/18/12
Proud builder 3/20/12
Crown Center exhibit 3/22/12
John was on spring break this last week, so we had a family day together on Thursday.  We went to see the Animal Tails & Trails exhibit at Crown Center.  Michael's favorite part was the slide and he had a ball going down and back up again over and over.  After that, we shopped for a little bit then headed to Eggtc. (a personal fave) for lunch.  Michael always cleans his plate there - he must love it too!  I had the Sicilian, one of the best breakfast sandwiches ever.  John had corned beef hash and Michael downed breakfast potatoes and chicken sausage.  We then headed down the road to Loose Park where Michael found a little boy to play with.  I assume (hope) the boy's name was Zach because he kept calling, "Zacky!  Where are you?" and would chase him all over.  It's just wild to see how much more independent he is on the playground equipment than he was last summer.  We ended our outing with a stop at Trader Joe's, stocking up on organic produce, gluten-free pancakes & waffles, and our first bottle of "two-buck Chuck," TJ's cheap wine.
My other Joey 3/22/12
Go Royals! 3/22/12

No comments:

Post a Comment